Mattia P. G. Odescalchi graduated in Law from Milan State University in 1996; he was admitted to practice in Italy in 1999, and in England and Wales in 2001. He has been admitted to practice before the Italian Supreme Court in 2013.
Authentic problem solver, Mattia can count on many years of experience in the field of industry and enterprise, having also worked as an in-house counsel for a major U.S. multinational company.
The first part of his professional career developed mainly in England, with particular focus on cross-border transactions. Back to Italy, Mattia combined professional and academic activity, collaborating with Professors G. Sena and P. Frassi, both of Milan University, in copyright and intellectual property law, becoming one of the first Italian professionals to lecture and advise in respect of open source software and licensing.
Although IP/IT law represents his main field of expertise, the years spent in-house allowed him to gain valuable experience in other sectors, such as environmental and energy law, always cultivated.
Despite the above, Mattia never wanted to be just a specialist, preferring to describe himself as a good generalist, although with a specific expertise, always working closely with different types of clients. Trusted professional and point of reference for his Clients, Mattia made of his reliability, his strength. Competence, rapidity and availability are the qualities that allowed him, in 2012, to open his own Firm, followed by selected Clients.
- Member of the Commission of Examiners appointed for the Bar Exams, session 2013/2014, set up at the Court of Appeal of Milan
- Admitted before the Italian Supreme Courts in 2013
- Specialisation Course concerning trademarks law and other distinctive marks promoted by ISDACI in 2002
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales since 2002
- Member of the Bar of Milan since 2000
- Law Degree at the University of Milan in 1996
- Training Kaeser Management 1: “Staff relationship, motivation and leadership” in 1992
- Founder of Odescalchi Studio Legale in Milan
- Partner at Labruna Mazziotti Segni Law Firm in Milan
- Associate Attorney at Pavia e Ansaldo Law Firm in Milan
- Associate Attorney at Coudert Brothers Law Firm in Milan
- In-house counsel for Kimberly-Clark Corporation HQ in Reigate, UK
- Legal Advisor at Saponara Law Firm in Milan
- Legal Assistant in Penningtons Solicitors Law Firm of London, UK
Italian, English, French, Spanish